Cooking for the Super Bowl? Try These Recipes
Smart for Life has been proving for years that healthy and tasty can accompany any dish! We’re sure that your hungry football fans will love these delicious spreads, so why not try them this weekend?
SKINNY GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA DIP
• 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
• 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
• 7 ounce can diced green chiles
• 1/2 t. cumin
• 1/2 t. chili powder
• 1/2 t. kosher salt
• 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
• 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
• 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, divided
In a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, yogurt, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and spices.
Fold in the shredded chicken, mozzarella, and 1/4 cup of the monterey jack cheese.
Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
Remove the dip from the slow cooker and put it in an oven safe dish.
Top with the remaining cheese and stick it under the broiler until the cheese is lightly browned.
Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables.
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER POPPERS
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup hot sauce (I recommend Frank's RedHot Original sauce)
1/2 cup water
3 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
1 PREP: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush the paper with the oil.
2 MAKE THE BATTER AND DIP THE CAULIFLOWER: In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 1/4 cup of the hot sauce, and the water. Dip the cauliflower pieces into the batter and place them on the prepared baking sheer as you go.
3 COOK: Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, flip, brush with the remaining 1/4 cup of hot sauce. Then bake for 10 minutes more.
WHOLE GRAIN CHEX MIX
• 1 5-ounce box Van's Say Cheese crackers, or other cheese cracker
• 1 13-ounce box whole grain "chex-style" cereal
• 1 1/2 cup peanuts
• 1/3 cup flax seed
• 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together crackers, cereal, peanuts and flax. In a small bowl, mix together spices.
Drizzle oil over the cereal mix, tossing to combine. Sprinkle the spice mix over the top, tossing well to combine again. Spread evenly over a large baking sheet. Bake for an hour total, tossing every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Will keep at least a week in an airtight container at room temperature.